cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deny ping request

PandaTV
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 switches and 6 pcs and each switches are composed of 3 pcs each. In switch 1, PC1,2 and 3 are stationed and in Switch 2, PC4,5 and 6 are stationed. Both switches are connected to each to each other. The network ID is 192.168.7.0

What I'm trying to achieve is to let PC1 ping all other PCs except PC4. Same goes for PC 4, it can ping all other PCs except PC1. No other devices should be used, only 2 switches and 6 PC. I've been trying to work it out, but I still can't get seem to make it work. Are there any advice you can give me?

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If all other devices working as expected ping, check the windows FW it was blocking?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Duplicate post

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Martin L
VIP
VIP

this maybe solved by using vlan maps since u do not have router to apply ACLs.
look up vlan-maps in documentation https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card