Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination Host Unreachable

I have an issue when I ping PC5 or PC4 from either PC6 or PC7. When I run in command prompt "ping 220.10.100.66" I get the destination host unreachable message. 220.10.100.66 is the IP for PC5. I have attached the pkt file in the form of zip file for assistance. Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you have Auto-Summary enabled on both EIGRP by default with IOS 12.x version. Since IOS 15 or Name mode of EIGRP, Cisco has disabled auto summary (no auto-summary) by default (which you do not see under router eigrp mode). 

it just happened that you have dragged older routers with 12.z version.   For CCNA exam please use IOS 15.x

show ip route tells you story; it shows packets are dropped because of auto-summary simply summarize routes to Null0.

D 200.100.100.0/24 is a summary, 00:01:15, Null0

Just add on at least one of routers (it should be on both)

router eigrp 1

no auto-summary

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you have Auto-Summary enabled on both EIGRP by default with IOS 12.x version. Since IOS 15 or Name mode of EIGRP, Cisco has disabled auto summary (no auto-summary) by default (which you do not see under router eigrp mode). 

it just happened that you have dragged older routers with 12.z version.   For CCNA exam please use IOS 15.x

show ip route tells you story; it shows packets are dropped because of auto-summary simply summarize routes to Null0.

D 200.100.100.0/24 is a summary, 00:01:15, Null0

Just add on at least one of routers (it should be on both)

router eigrp 1

no auto-summary

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Thank you. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card