cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

device loopback IP went unreachable after 5 minutes when we are giving show logging command

sarathsivadasan
Level 1
Level 1

Device model :3850

Issue : device loopback IP went unreachable after 5 minutes when we are giving show logging command

We are trying to reach loopback ip address from outside but it is showing request timeout .

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please post show version and  show running configuration,Also tell us locally you can ping that time loopback ip? 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.07.04.E.CES.16 ENGINEERING NOVA_WEEKLY BUILD, synced to V152_3_E4
This software is supported for a limited time under special agreement with Cisco Systems,Inc.CSG_OCT2016_BENI
Copyright (c) 1986-2016 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

sarathsivadasan
Level 1
Level 1
We are trying to reach loopback ip address from outside , same time we run the command "show logging " . During that time ping request fails to the loopback IP address.
If you are pinging normally it is working fine .

Do you have route for the Loopback for the external to reach ?, show us the configuration and from what is the source IP from  you try to reach to loopback ? can you traceroute from source IP for that loopback ip and post the output here 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

1) Can you provide sample output of 'show logging' indicatingyour conclusions ? 2) What is the value of this loopback address ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card