Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices are not responding connected to switch WS-C3750X-48

Hi,

In My Network we are using switch WS-C3750X-48 as a network management switch . where all the devices are connected only for management purpose which includes(routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers).

Here im facing strange issue that only load balancers(multiple) are not reachable/pingable , even though the ports are showing up and i dont see any errors on the ports everything looks good.

we are using Brocade ADx4000 load balancer

i logged into the load balanacer via console, i dont see any issue on the management port, i checked with vendor brocade even they also couldnt find any issue , we done packet capture on the load balancers they informed that LB is sending broadcast packet  but switch is not responding back..

i checked with cisco also regarding this they asked us to upgrade the IOS from C3750e-universalk9npe-mz.122-55.SE3 to C3750e-universalk9npe-mz.122-55.SE5 as they are seeing some bug.

i done the IOS upgrade on the switch but still iam getting the same issue .. as a temporary workaround , i need to do manually bounce the port to make it work.

Please help me in fixing this issue .. your help will be much appreciate..

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

could you post your switch config.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Attached the configuration ,

Load balancers are connected on port Gi1/0/35-39

Hi,

how often is the problem happening ? Can you provide the output of the brodcast frames from the LB?

Since when have you got the problem , was the switchport block multicast was already there before when it was working ?

Regards.

Alain

1)                    We are facing this issue max of span of 2 weeks..., 2)   we noticed the issue last 3 months of time.. 3) yes switch port block multicast was configured before when its wokring..

I attached the capture which we took on LB...

Hi,

I don't see any ARP  requests for the vlan interface from load balancer in first capture.

so unless it is doing proxy-arp it will not respond to such requests, i'm gonna take a look at other captures.

Regards.

Alain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: