Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP issue in 2960 and unmanageable switch

kri.chi.85
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I am having 2960 switch and one port is configured with a VLAN and connected with an unmanageable switch and further one more unmanageable switch was connected to the primary unmanageable switch…

The topology will be    2960 switch -> unmanageable Switch -> unmanageable -> PC connected

The issue I am facing most of the PC are getting IP addresses through DHCP server and very few 5 or 6 PC’s out are not getting the IP from DHCP server.

If I switch of the switch and switch on the issue is resolved for those and it will raise for some other PC’s.

Thanks you team......

2 Replies 2

eLiAsAn41
Level 1
Level 1

May I have your Physical Topology? I want to know where the DHCP Server Located? And what brand of the Unmanageable Switch are?

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

This is the same post as this: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3776014#3776014

Before someone can help you, you'll have to provide the requested information so that that people can make suggestions accordingly.  Help us help you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card