Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP not forwarding DHCP requests

zgeorgios
Level 1
Level 1

I've created 2 VLAN's (200,400) for data and voice on 2 independent switches

The data switch is connected to the X0 port on the firewall and a Windows DHCP server where all users receive IPs.

The voice switch is connected to the X3 port on the firewall and all phones receive DHCP through the firewall.

When I try to uplink to a switch (LAG from each switch data and voice) I receive DHCP only from data and not from voice

Am I doing something wrong?

21 Replies 21

I suspect that VLAN for voice is block toward FW when you use LAG,

can you check this point.

also connect PC instead of phone and assign IP and ping FW

When I use static IP I can reach the firewall. But phones need to get DHCP to provision.

Hello

If the dhcp server resides in vlan 200 then on the X1 port of the FW add an helper address for the dhcp server and make sure both vlans 200 data-400 voice are created on the small office switch.

Lastly place each port connecting to the upstream switch's in their respective vlan

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

zgeorgios
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update, if I uplink to another brand i.e HP Procurve, everything works fine

you mean replaced cisco with HP ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I replaced the switch in the small office with HP.

Switch1 (SG550) has V400 tagged connected to Switch 3 (HP) on a V400 tagged

Switch2 (SG550) has V200 tagged connected to Switch 3 (HP) on V200 tagged.

If I connect to an untagged V200 on switch 3 I can get a DHCP, and if I connect to an untagged V400 on switch 3 I also get a DHCP.

The same scenario, if Switch 3 is an SG550 I can only get DHCP either from V200 or V400, whatever I connect first

If I get full understand the issue here,
LAG to two dummy SW impossible 
why 
two SW need to be stackable or VSS or vPC

Now 
SW that LAG to two SW have STP issue and Etherchannel Issue.

Instead of 
use access link between SW data and SW using VLAN data
use access link between SW voice and SW using VLAN voice.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card