cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP not worrking

Question
Level 1
Level 1

I have make a dhcp pool on a L2 switch for vlan 100. and my devices from vlan 100 are connected to a L3 switch and the L3 switch is connected to the L2 switch which is the dhcp server but when i do a dhcp request from a Pc on vlan 100 that is connected to the L3 switch the L3 switch dont froward the request to the L2 switch is just discard it. And i cant use the ip helper address command becuase it's a L2 switch that is the dhcp sever which dont work with ip address. please how can i solve this?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

as Long as VLAN 100 passing all the way to Layer 3 Switch it should work as expected.

can you post the show run or relevant config of each switch, make sure VLAN 100 created all the way in all the switches.,

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have attached the output

Thanks

If the L2switch and L2 Switch connected with Layer3 Port-channel config, how will the Layer 2 VLAN 100 cross Layer 2 switch ?

where that Layer 2 Switch that device connected not getting IP address.  ( can you post that interface configuraiton)

In this case, you need to configure VLAN 100 where the DHCP Server - that is helper address?

I take your network as below :

Layer2---Layer3---Layer2--Device ?

BB

device---layer2---layer3(connected through portchannel to the dhcp server)-----layer2(this one is de dhcp server)

i have attached some import information

where is the device connected, do you have any network diagram ? 

BB

its atttached

Hello,

that looks like a Packet Tracer project, if it is, post the zipped project (.pkt) file here..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card