Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP relay issue with Nexus 3K

elie_ibrahim34
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a strange issue with some Cisco IP Phones.

Recently we installed a couple of Nexus 3548 in our network, they are configured with vPC and HSRP, there are 2 catalyst 9300's for distribution connected via port-channel to the Nexuses.The problematic phones are plugged into an access switch connected to the distribution switch.

The problem i have is that my phones are not getting dhcp addresses from our server on a different subnet.

I have the dhcp feature enabled and configured the ip dhcp relay address under all my SVI's.

A wireshark capture shows the DHCP Discover transaction as being a broaddcast. Correct me if im wrong, but this should be a unicast request? 

I have built a test vm that i placed in the same vlan as my phones, and i do get an IP via DHCP.

Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated!

19 Replies 19

Also, can you post the config for one of the switchports where the voice vlan and the access vlan are configured ?

Taking off the HSRP config will not be possible , since this is production, im not sure the extent of the impact it will do

However here is the config on one of the switchports where a phone is attached
interface FastEthernet0/11
switchport access vlan 11
switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan 33
spanning-tree portfast
end

Thanks for your help!

Working on this with TAC

Closing this thread

hi,guys;

I also have the same problem. Is TAC confirmed to be a bug? Still need to add other configurations,

Thank you very much for your reply

Upgrade to 9.2.2 . This worked for me
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card