Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP SG350

Samaj0101
Spotlight
Spotlight

SWITCH#renew dhcp vlan 1
The interface was not configured as dhcp interface.

i ALREADY CONFIG THIS....

ip dhcp server
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.0.203 10.10.0.240
ip dhcp pool network test
address low 10.10.0.241 high 10.10.0.250 255.255.255.0
exit

all port are in vlan 1 there is no other vlan.

i have 5 switch and i want switch3's pc get 10.10.0.241-250 IP from this range.

how i can check that my switch3 pc get this ranges of ip ??

6 Replies 6

Hello

@Samaj0101 wrote:

SWITCH#renew dhcp vlan 1
The interface was not configured as dhcp interface.

i ALREADY CONFIG THIS....

ip dhcp server
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.0.203 10.10.0.240
ip dhcp pool network test
address low 10.10.0.241 high 10.10.0.250 255.255.255.0
exit

all port are in vlan 1 there is no other vlan.

i have 5 switch and i want switch3's pc get 10.10.0.241-250 IP from this range.

how i can check that my switch3 pc get this ranges of ip ??

Considering the dhcp ip range you want to allocate to switch 3 is the only valid active dhcp scope being shown, Just attach all dhcp clients to switch3.

However that begs the question how are all the other hosts connecting to the other 4 switches obtaining their ip addressing and where from?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Samaj0101
Spotlight
Spotlight

dhcp switch.png

how to config dhcp in switch 3.or i have to config dhcp in all other switches??i already config dhcp in firewall.all i want is whtever pc connected through unmanaged switch (from switch3)that pc gets  ip from fixed range.

If you like Switch 3 device need to get IP address from "10.10.0.241-250 IP from this range."

I am afraid you could able to get that since all are in VLAN 1, so DHCP is first come first serve basis, until you make them different VLAN,

since it's an unmanaged switch, you need your uplink port to be a different VLAN, but that breaks the chain.

my suggestion is to make them static reservations, if only few IP addresses,  Remove the scope IP address by excluding.  "10.10.0.241-250"

each entry like below explained :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/switches/cisco-250-series-smart-switches/smb5826-setting-static-ipv4-address-on-a-switch-using-gui.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

All switch has static IP already.

All switch has static IP already.

this bit confused here, you have a dump switch, this has IP Address?

are you looking to clients connected to the device should get IP address ? please confirm?

what IP Address each switch has? 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

all switches have static IP 10.10.0.2-6.

dump switch is unmanaged so it has no IP.it is just connected to the switch3(sg-350).

I have one cabin and one data port but in that cabin, I have 5 pc so I need internet and my LAN network. and that pc changes most of the time.so I can't static binding that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card