Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between catalyst 3750e 48 and SF300-48p

Amit Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Can someone please let me know what is difference between Cisco catalyst 3750e 48 and SF300-48p.

Thanks

Amit

3 Replies 3

stevenholzem
Level 1
Level 1

speed and age.

SF300-48p has only 10/100 ports and is found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10898/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

C3750E-48p has 10/100/1000 ports, PoE, EnergyWise, and is stackable and is found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10898/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

The 3750E is by far superior, but it depends on what you need as to if it is right for your customer/company.

HTH

Steven

Rate helpful posts.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply,

Basically I have already 3750E stack switches in our network.

But we need one more switch to add in our network for Cisco Access point. I am not sure I will go with SF300 - 48 switch or not.

Can you please give me advice what will impact if I will go with SF300-48 P for using Cisco IP phones and Cisco Access Point.

Thanks

Amit

Amit,

If the switch will be located near the rest of your stack, it may be a good idea to just add to your stack. It will maintaining them easier.

If the new switch will be loacted elsewhere, I am not sure what will be best. You will be putting IP phones and access points on it, that means you will need bandwidth to connect to your stack. You may want to see if the SF300 can handle an etherchannel. Otherwise, the best bet, in my opionion, is to stick with what you have and add another 3750E to your stack. The uplinks are faster anyways.

HTH

Steven

Please rate uselful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco