Thanks for your early reply.
As per your answer, I understand that it is more convenient to use "reload" than "configure replace".
As a follow up, I would like to reload a given configuration (not the factory default). So I have the following questions:
4. How can I get that a router starts up with a given configuration file (let's name it "myconfig")? I mean, after performing a "reload", the router should load "myconfig" instead of loading the "startup-config"?
5. And to make it more difficult I would like the router to load from "myconfig" in a periodic basis, for example ,everyday at 8:00am thus getting the same configure file at the beginning of every day, but reloading from the startup-config between the interval limits (in this case, being able to modify the running-config and save those changes for the day, and reloading the router with those changes), but at the end of the time interval, automatically reloading the router and loading "myconfig" file.
6. Do you know what the command is to load a specific configuration file? I guess it must be similar to the command boot system to load the IOS you want from the location you want, but I don't know.
7. I guess the solution for this would be an eem script schedule, something like the following. What do you think?
event manager applet Test-24
event timer cron name Test cron-entry "0 8 * * *"
action 1.0 syslog msg "Start afresh!!!"
action 1.1 reload in 24:00
action 1.2 cli command "enable"
action 1.3 cli command "conf t"
action 1.4 cli boot ............ flash:myconfig
8. This is written as an eem applet. But I think the applets are saved in the configuration files, so if I erase the startup-config, the applet will be deleted, so it would not take effect when the time interval ends. So I guess the solution for this would be to save as a script in the flash memory. What do you think?
9. And last one, do you know if it is possible to run an eem script from a different location than the flash? I tell you this as I am not sure if you can save and run an eem script from a tftp server?
Thanks in advance for your help, and I hope not to bother you too much