Views
Helpful
Replies

Different Vlan communicate

ciscoreg2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys;

I'm new to cisco device. recent I setup a network, like below. I want compters in vlan 192 network can access servers on 172 network.

How can I do on router and switch?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

It looks like your router is going to do the routing;

The easiest way would perform "a router on a stick "to utilize one interface on the router and trunk the interconnecting link from the switch to this router

1941 router
interface gig0/1.172
 encapsulation dot1Q 172
 ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0

interface gig0/1.192
 encapsulation dot1Q 192
 ip address 192.168.188.1 255.255.255.0

On the switch
int x/x
description Link to 1941 router
switchport trunk enapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
no shut

vlan 172,192
exit

int fax/x
description Aceess-port vlan 172
switchport host
switchport access vlan 172
no shut

int fax/x
description Aceess-port vlan 192
switchport host
switchport access vlan 192
no shut

Make sure each pc has an  ip address/subnet mask/default gateway of their relative vlan

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

akumarka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

since this two networks are directly connecting to router ,assign the switch ports to proper vlan by switchport access vlan command  in switch and enable routing by ip routing,u can use static routes or routing protocol in router

Do I need setup vlan infornamtion in switch same as router vlan ?

Hello , Configuration shared by Paul will help yu to achieve your solution, On your switch PC host should be configured VLAN 192. Switch# Vlan 192 Switch# Vlan 172 Switch#int fa0/1 Switch#switchport accès vlan 192 and perform the above steps for server devices on switch ports but with vlan 172 Hope it helps.. -GI Rate if it Helps

Hello

It looks like your router is going to do the routing;

The easiest way would perform "a router on a stick "to utilize one interface on the router and trunk the interconnecting link from the switch to this router

1941 router
interface gig0/1.172
 encapsulation dot1Q 172
 ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0

interface gig0/1.192
 encapsulation dot1Q 192
 ip address 192.168.188.1 255.255.255.0

On the switch
int x/x
description Link to 1941 router
switchport trunk enapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
no shut

vlan 172,192
exit

int fax/x
description Aceess-port vlan 172
switchport host
switchport access vlan 172
no shut

int fax/x
description Aceess-port vlan 192
switchport host
switchport access vlan 192
no shut

Make sure each pc has an  ip address/subnet mask/default gateway of their relative vlan

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks a lots for your kindly help.

another question;

I have mistakes setup switch 1 provision ws-c2960s for stack something, so my port became interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1, I don't want add another switch, how can I restore before,

before: GigabitEthernet0/1?

Hello

so you have provisioned an additional switch but have not attached one physically correctT? - if so just unprovision it

No switch X provision xxxxx

wr

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul;

I tried but failed. error likes:

no switch 1 provision ws-c2960s-24ts-l

%Switch can not be un-provisioned when it is physically present

Hello

If thats the only siwtch what are you attempting to do?

Note: You cannot unprovison a single switch

sh switch detail
sh run | in switch|pro

res
Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

I want remove below from configure file. so when I show interface, it will show g0/1,

not like now: g1/0/1.

switch 1 provision ws-c2960s-24ts-l

I just have one switch, and I also don't use stack forture.

This just cisco network assistant mis-configured.

Hello

sh ver | in Model number

post results

Kind Regards
Paul

sh ver | in Model number Model number : WS-C2960S-24TS-L

Hello

Are you saying that the network assistant change it to what you have now? - Are you sure?

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Yes, I just mis-clicked OK, in stack settings dialog. Is that any way to change to normal in single switch?

Hello

If you only have one switch then I guess this is correct then, I will understand if you have another provisioned switch but you dont.

The default switch provision you see is the same as the model number also so I guess this is already correct - Unless  I am mistaken you cannot change this.

But you are saying the interfaces were different prior to you clicking something in Network Assistant ( this by the I have never used)

All I can suggest if you are 100% correct this was different is to reboot your switch and see if that helps - Otherwise I am at a loss

By the way going back to your OP was this successful for you?

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card