Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMVPN is flapping how to change EIGRP values

Hi guys . I have dmvpn with 2 hubs active/standby and eigrp btw sites. one of the sites is flapping constantly with hold time expired in logs .

I know I can try to increase  hello and hold timers and mtu size of packet on the interface . The questions are :

- should eigrp hello&hold timers be changed on both HUB and Spoke ? if yes it will affect to other spokes too and will make slow convergence of eigrp btw HUB and Spokes, right ?

- should mtu size be changed on tunnel & physical int on both HUB and Spoke ?

Thank you

2 Replies 2

Hello

Changing the Hello/Hold interval is a interface specific command and it results in the neighboring peer receiving these values

So you can change the eigrp intervals and also the mtu settings but it shounds from you OP like they have been correct in the past, and this is a relative new issue?

If so then i would say you have possible underlying connection issue prohbiting the eigrp hellos

Try:

extended pingi to the eigrp peers that are reaching the hold interval limits
extended ping to the  eigrp MC address 224.0.0.10
debug eigrp packet hello ( post output if applicable)
Check for interace errors, layer2 issues applied acls etc..

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

thank you Paul .  We could figure it out taht it was issue on ATT internet link, after we moved to other ISP no problem with dmvpn. But I will in mind ur tips ;)  .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card