cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA License for Cisco 9200 Series Switch's

MICHAEL_AMSALU
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently working on supplying Cisco 9200 Series (C9200L-24P-4G-A) switch to our client.

In the requirement sharing process, the client has informed us that the perpetual network advantage licence is sufficient for their use case and thus don't require the subscription-based DNA Advantage or DNA Premier licences.

Accordingly, when we attempted to configure the 9200 series switch on Cisco CCW it seems that C9200L-DNA-A-24-3Y (Cisco DNA Advantage for 3 years) or C9200L-DNA-P-24-1Y (Cisco DNA Premier for 1 Year) is the minimum configuration allowed

Thus our inquires are as follows.

1. Is it possible to purchase the 9200 series switch without any DNA Subscription licence and use the switch with only the perpetual network advantage or the perpetual network essentials licence? if so how can the configuration be made for the same?

2. If the DNA Licence is mandatory during the purchase can the client purchase a 3 Year DNA Advantage or 1 Year DNA Premier Licence (The minimum subscription allowed according to CCW) and not renew the licence for the subsequent years?

3. Can DNA Premier licence for 1 Year be purchased instead of DNA Advantage licence for 3 years during the initial purchase (this will be economical for the client) or is the minimum allowed configuration for DNA Premier is also 3 Years?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNA Subscription license is MANDATORY "tax" (even if you do not have a DNAC appliance).  If in 3 years time, you still will not have DNAC, then let this license expire and nothing bad will happen.  

If you want to cut cost, purchase the Network Essentials license.  

View solution in original post

I understand your requirement - in that case, i only suggest to go basic License Like Essential or Advantage based on the requirement without DNA. so that will be a traditional License (smart License)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes you can buy with out DNA License - when your DNA ready you can add 1 years or 3 years or 5 years based on rquirement.

If you going to be DNA in the Future suggest to go for 5 years it cost less - any way once you Locked with DNA fabric deployment , you do not have any option to get rid of from DNA - its hard to exit. - this is my personal view.

BB

@balaji.bandi thank you for the prompt response.

If it is possible to procure the switch without a DNA license how can I make the configuration on CCW as it is not allowing me to unselect DNA subscription

Thank you

I understand your requirement - in that case, i only suggest to go basic License Like Essential or Advantage based on the requirement without DNA. so that will be a traditional License (smart License)

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNA Subscription license is MANDATORY "tax" (even if you do not have a DNAC appliance).  If in 3 years time, you still will not have DNAC, then let this license expire and nothing bad will happen.  

If you want to cut cost, purchase the Network Essentials license.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card