Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cat9300-24-UX Support VRRP on IOS-XE 17.03.03

Chuck.H.Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone:

We've got a set of Cisco 9300-24UX switches that are stacked together as a stack, running IOS-XE 17.03.03.  We've several VLANs configured and used HSRP for redundancy with an adjacent stack of Cisco 9300.

We are wanting to text/enable VRRP on the said VLANs, however, when we go into config mode and go under interface (config-if), I see no VRRP option.  We do have network-advantage license for our IOS-XE so am wondering why is this so?

Any ideas/thoughts would certainly be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chuck.H.Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone:

Just wanting to add/follow-up on my own query that I think found the answer to my initial query.  So, if does appear that the C9300 with network-advantage and IOS-XE 17.03.03 does support VRRP, you just have to "enable" it.  To enable it, once have to enter the relevant commands under the fhrp command set under global config mode:

Device# configure terminal

Device (config)# fhrp version vrrp v3

Device (config)# interface vlan 100

Device (config-if)# vrrp address-family ipv4

And from then onwards you could configure VRRP as per your requirements.  So the key is to enable VRRP using the "fhrp version vrrp v3" command first...

Thanks agian everyone.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

VRRP is supported under Essentials licensing:

Table 15.     Network Essentials and Advantage package features

Features

Network Essentials

Network Advantage

Switch fundamentals

Layer 2, Routed Access (RIP, EIGRP Stub, OSPF - 1000 routes), PBR, PIM Stub Multicast (1000 routes)), PVLAN, VRRP, PBR, CDP, QoS, FHS, 802.1X, MACsec-128, CoPP, SXP, IP SLA Responder, SSO

Can you share the commands you used? We have some variances, depending on the platform.

For IOS-XE 17.x

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable
  2. configure terminal
  3. interface type number
  4. ip address ip-address mask
  5. vrrp group description text
  6. vrrp group priority level
  7. vrrp group preempt [delay minimum seconds]
  8. vrrp group timers learn
  9. exit

But you can also see in older version the command "standby"

Hi Flavio:

Thank you for your reply to my query.

I'm trying to enter the vrrp <group-id> vlan <vlan-no> under the respective vlan interface, but it doesn't seem to have a vrrp command:

i.e. 

Device (config)#interface vlan 100

Device (config-if)#vrrp 100 address-family ipv4

The last line gives an error as there is no vrrp under config-if.

I do have the standby commands, which we've used, but I thought standby is only for HRSP and not VRRP?

As I have indicated, we do have network-advantage license so I would have thought there is VRRP support under network-advantage too.  Do would IOX-XE 17.03.03 support VRRP in this instance?

Thanks again.

Chuck.H.Ng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone:

Just wanting to add/follow-up on my own query that I think found the answer to my initial query.  So, if does appear that the C9300 with network-advantage and IOS-XE 17.03.03 does support VRRP, you just have to "enable" it.  To enable it, once have to enter the relevant commands under the fhrp command set under global config mode:

Device (config)# fhrp version vrrp v3

Device (config)# interface vlan 100

Device (config-if)# vrrp address-family ipv4

And from then onwards you could configure VRRP as per your requirements.  So the key is to enable VRRP using the "fhrp version vrrp v3" command first...

Thanks agian everyone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card