Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Nexus 9300 support MPLS L3VPN?

weihan-lu
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to confirm if Nexus 9300 supports MPLS L3VPN.

I was told only Nexus 9500 supports MPLS L3VPN. But from this link

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide_chapter_01.html

There is a license N93-FAB1K9 saying support MPLS L3VPN.

Thanks for helping.

4 Replies 4

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Weihan,

Nexus 9300 and Nexus 9500 doesnot support MPLS L3VPN.

However the following document states that by installing license N93-FAB1K9 , MPLS L3VPN can be configured.

@jkilleda wrote:

Hello Weihan,

Nexus 9300 and Nexus 9500 doesnot support MPLS L3VPN.

However the following document states that by installing license N93-FAB1K9 , MPLS L3VPN can be configured.

Thanks for the reply.

Still a bit confused.

So technically it is possible to configure the MPLS L3VPN? Doest TAC support it?

Hi there,

Did you ever find an answer on this?  We have the FAB1K9 license installed in our N9K-C9396PX but cannot enable MPLS L3VPN.

My understanding is that N9K does not support LDP, so in order to achieve next-hop reachability through usage of MPLS labels, you need to use static labels or segment routing (labels are exchanged within IGP ISIS or OSPF). Once this is done, you can use BGP as control protocol to exchange inner labels within other families (EVPN, VPNv4, VPNv6, IPv6, ...)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card