cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the 'Pipe' command | work in Packet Tracer?

jonmoore2015
Level 1
Level 1

The 'Pipe' command | (shift + backslash key) does not work in Packet Tracer for me. Is the pipe command supported in Packet Tracer? If not, is there anywhere official online that confirms that the command is not supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
11 Replies 11

Hello,

what are you trying to accomplish ? The pipe '|' modifier works fine in PT, Shift+Backslash is just like entering a '?' mark and then hitting <ENTER>

Please clarify...

Thanks for you response!

I'm doing an online video course so am just following the exact same steps as the tutor. You'll see from my attachment that I've put in a show run and the 'pipe', but PT highlights it as invalid.

(You mention the '?', but on my US keyboard the pipe symbol is on the key directly above 'Enter'  i.e. Shift+Backslash)

Pipe not working.PNG

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Solved! I was using Version 6 of PT which does not support the pipe command. Downloaded Version 7 and pipe now works. Thanks everyone!

treyp
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using version 8 and having the same exact problem

sbuyolo
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem, I'm a networking teacher in school. Using version 8.0.1.0064 and spanish keyboard on Windows 10.

I try to type special chars like | in order to use Output modifiers, but nothing is written. I have tried another special chars like @ and same result, it doesn't type nothing in console.

Cisco.png

Hello,

the '|' output modifier is only available for a limited number of commands. Try ALT + 124, which is the ASCII for '|'

Thanks Georg for your suggestion but it doesn't work for me

I have tried Alt + 124 and just the numbers was written on console. If I try AltGr + 124 and press space it types this special char: ~

I have tried another ASCII combination Alt + 120, 121, 122, 123... but nothing is typed on console. I can't even copy chars from outside of console to copy them inside. I'm working in laptop keyboard of Lenovo ideapad 330S-15IKB. I can't understand where is the problem, I'have looked for information on internet but no solution is working for me.

It's so strangely!

etmorgan
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone find a solution to this? Using 8.2.0 and only getting Invalid input detected.

manilox
Level 1
Level 1

Pretty obvious issue. Just get an English keyboard because it's like they don't care enough to fix it lol

Or just type the symbol in a text editor and copy paste it, works too.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card