Views
Helpful
Replies

does this cisco 1801 have PoE ?

SadeqAlbana
Level 1
Level 1

Hello
I have an old cisco 1801 (P/N "341-0135-02") laying around and I thought it would be useful to power my new ip cameras with it instead of buying a new PoE switch.
the problem is I'm not sure if it supports PoE. (it is written that PoE is optional in this model but I just need to make sure).
1- there is a PoE led (which does not light at all) on the front panel (see the first photo)
2- when I type the command "power inline auto" it says that the "power" command is not recognized
3- the Ethernet ports on the back are circled in yellow as you can see in the second photo
so does this device support PoE ?

photo_2019-06-11_23-40-05.jpgphoto_2019-06-11_23-41-06.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PoE is still not supported.
If PoE is supported, the outline would be WHITE.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

See PoE power supply.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1800/1801/hardware/quick/guide/1801qsg.html

If you have a router with the PoE option, you must connect the PoE power supply to the PoE socket on the back of the router, connect the female end of the PoE power cable to the PoE power supply, and connect the male end of the PoE power cable to a power outlet.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
PoE not supported.

Thanks for your support , but my switch port are highlighted with yellow color as you can see from the picture , as per my understanding that means the CISCO device support POE also my device has POE LED , so can you explain to me more to did you find my device not support POE ?

PoE is still not supported.
If PoE is supported, the outline would be WHITE.

thanks everyone for the help, I ended up buying an unmanaged PoE switch to solve the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card