cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Doing a password recovery procedure on stacked 3750

zibius999
Level 1
Level 1

I need to do the password recovery procedure on 2 stacked 3750. I done the procedure many time on 2960 but I'm not sure how to do it on the 3750.

I was thiking of powering off the master and slave but only plug the master back in  and follow this procedure just like I do on the 2960

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_password_recovery09186a0080094184.shtml

Once the master is up, power up the slave.

Will that work

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Follow these instructions and use the password recovery on the master switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12.2_53_se/configuration/guide/swtrbl.html#wp1021182

Step 1

Use one of these methods to connect a terminal or PC to the switch:

ā€¢Connect a terminal or a PC with terminal-emulation software to the switch console port. If you are recovering the password for a switch stack, connect to the console port of the stack master.

ā€¢Connect a PC to the Ethernet management port. If you are recovering the password for a switch stack, connect to the Ethernet management port of a Catalyst 3750-X stack member. For details about using the internal Ethernet management port, see the "Using the Ethernet Management Port" section and the hardware installation guide.

Step 2 Set the line speed on the emulation software to 9600 baud.

Step 3 On a Catalyst 3750-X switch, power off the standalone switch or the entire switch stack. On a Catalyst 3560-X switch, power off the switch.

Step 4 Reconnect the power cord to the switch or the stack master. Within 15 seconds, press the Mode button while the System LED is still flashing green. Continue pressing the Mode button until the System LED turns briefly amber and then solid green; then release the Mode button.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card