Replies

Dot1q tunnel

LoicLEFUR9803
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleagues

we want tio connect a new server for our client, 

we want  connect it directly with our nexus with vlan 16 tag,

Basicly, we have a trunk from client's nexus that transport the vlan 16. our Nexus receive this traffic and add a second tag with dot1Q tunnel 414.

how can I do to connect the new server to our nexus with acces vlan 16 and dot1q-tunnel 414 ?

I mean, how can double tag the server's traffic to have the same configuration of other server ?

you can see the attached file for more details.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this guide can help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12-2/46sg/configuration/guide/Wrapper-46SG/tunnel.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for this reply,

the dot1q tunnel is working correctly between the customer's nexus (mode trunk with vlan 16 allowed) and our nexus (Dot1q-tunnel access vlan 414)

the problem is that we don't have place to install the new server in our cutomer's cage, then we can't connect the server to the customer's nexus.

the new server must be installed in our cage and connected to our nexus.

he must be in vlan 16

in this case how can I do  to have the same configuration with  customer's other servers (access vlan 16 and the second tag 414 for the L2transport)....

I hope that it's clear..

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card