Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual WAN ISR G2 router aside from RV042G

reycapoy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Good Day to all.  I would like to ask if there are dual WAN router models on ISR G2.  The client doesn't want the RV042G. Any model from the 890 series up to the 2900 series ISR G2 routers? The connection from the ISP is via Ethernet.  If a serial connection would be used then we can just add an HWIC-2T for this matter. 

Thanks,

5 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the bandwidth you plan to push.

View solution in original post

Andras Dosztal
Level 3
Level 3

I can understand your client.

You can use EHWIC cards in ISR G2s (from 1900). As leolaohoo said, you should check bandwidth requirements. Here's a document about router performance; please note that as you enable more services, the performance may be lower.

Yes, I'll agree with Andras.  For a 2 Mbps link, the 1905 or 1921 has two on-board GigabitEthernet routed port.  All you need to do is purchase a LAN module like a EHWIC-4ESG or HWIC-4ESW.

EHWIC-4ESG will serve as a switch and can be used to connect other switches inside the network, right?  Can we connect network printers also on this module?

Yes you can but I'd put the printer, if possible, on a dedicated switch because you can use this module as a distribution port for more switches.

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depends on the bandwidth you plan to push.

Hi Leolaohoo,

Thanks for your reply.  Let us take as an example a 2Mbps internet conection from two ISP's, what particular model can we recommend?

Thanks,

Andras Dosztal
Level 3
Level 3

I can understand your client.

You can use EHWIC cards in ISR G2s (from 1900). As leolaohoo said, you should check bandwidth requirements. Here's a document about router performance; please note that as you enable more services, the performance may be lower.

Hi Andras and Leolaohoo,

I will have to ask back on the bandwidth requirements from them.  If in case needed I will get back to the community.

Thanks to both of you.

Best Regards,

Yes, I'll agree with Andras.  For a 2 Mbps link, the 1905 or 1921 has two on-board GigabitEthernet routed port.  All you need to do is purchase a LAN module like a EHWIC-4ESG or HWIC-4ESW.

Hi Leolaohoo,

Corret me if I am wrong.  EHWIC-4ESG will serve as a switch and can be used to connect other switches inside the network, right?  Can we connect network printers also on this module?

Thanks,

EHWIC-4ESG will serve as a switch and can be used to connect other switches inside the network, right?  Can we connect network printers also on this module?

Yes you can but I'd put the printer, if possible, on a dedicated switch because you can use this module as a distribution port for more switches.

Hi Leolaohoo,

Thank you very much. The whole question has been answered by you and by Andras.

Have a nice day ahead....

Thanks, Rey.

I should thank you guys.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card