Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic ARP Inspection for non-DHCP Environment

Hi everyone,

I wish to deploy DAI (Dynamic ARP Inspection) for a non-DHCP Environment where all connected hosts are assigned with a static IP address.

ARP ACL as recommended in Cisco Docs can be used to achieve this so that ARP spoofing / poisoning can be mitigated.

This does not seem to be a scalable solution for my deployment scenario.

Multiple (more than 15) /25 Subnets,  presently having a different numbers of hosts in each subnet.

Prediction or probability of addition of new hosts in these subnets is also not possible. Hosts are added as per requirement.

Creation of ARP ACL manually seems to be working. But it requires manual configuration overhead and results in a lengthy multiple ACL entries.

Will "ip device-tracking" feature be helpful in some way for utilization with DAI for non-DHCP environment?       

Rajmohan R       

Rajmohan R
2 Replies 2

Hello

static DAI is always checked first with or withput the dhcp snooping table but to have a dymanic setup I am on the understanding that dhcp snooping is required

res
paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul.

Does it means that IP Device tracing will be of no use in DAI implementation in non-dhcp environment.

Rajmohan R

Rajmohan R
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card