Views
Helpful
Replies

Eigrp Nexus.

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have a similiar topology as the one in the attachment, between Dc-1 & Dc-2 I have dark fiber, in on of
the sides I have L3 and on the other side I have a L2.

In this 2 sides (Dc-1 & Dc-2) I have eigrp 10 configured, only in the interface that I want to have eigrp.

This 2 sites (Dc-1 & Dc-2) have the same interface vlans configured (they are a mirror).
The issue is that in a DC-2 I have an interface vlan that, was in "no shut" with no eigrp configuracion inside it,
and it was being advertside via eigrp, when in DC-1 I do "show ip eigpe_Netowrk" I can see that vlan being advertisde.
via the Interfaces (Dark Fiber) I have connected between both sides.

My question is, should an interface vlan redistribut, the configuracion even though they dont have "ip route eigp_Network"in
there configuration?

Thanks.

15 Replies 15

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Juraj,

Correct my understanding, You are saying the two DC's are layer 2 streched with vlan extended.

EIGRP is running between two DC which is running in one of the slected interfaces.

Is it possible for you to share the eigrp configuration fo both DC1 and DC2. As i am bit confused if you  are using same vlan extended and eigrp also used on thise vlan. How come with interface vlan shutdown in onde dc the subnet is been redistributed.

Hope it Helps..

-GI

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card