Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable UDLD feature on ASR 1001

j-mccarthy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an ASR 1001 router running latest 3.9.2S code.

The udld feature was introduced in 3.9S

However..

With the IPBase license the udld command does not appear in configuration mode.

But when I enable the AdvancedIPServices evaluation license and reboot, now the UDLD command appears in configuration mode.

I cannot see it documented anywhere in the IOS XE release notes/command reference etc that you need to have the Advanced IP Services feature set license to use the UDLD feature on the ASR 1001. Anyone know if this is this is correct or is it a mistake or a bug?

Cheers                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

That can be seen in the feature navigator. If you select 3.9s and Ip Base you want see Unidirectional link detection section (you can filter by feature name using as match stringUniDir). If you select Advance Services featureset - you will find that in the  list.

Niko

HTH,
Niko

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

That can be seen in the feature navigator. If you select 3.9s and Ip Base you want see Unidirectional link detection section (you can filter by feature name using as match stringUniDir). If you select Advance Services featureset - you will find that in the  list.

Niko

HTH,
Niko

bobbycornetto
Level 1
Level 1

How in the world is UDLD an "Advanced IP Services" feature?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: