Helpful
Replies

%ENVIRONMENTAL-5-SENSOROK: Temp: Inlet_A, Location: Switch1-R0, State: normal

Genesis Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am getting this message:

Syslog message generated from device HQ11-COR-11.253: Jan 22 15:46:06 10.255.255.249 1700: .Jan 22 15:45:39:
%ENVIRONMENTAL-5-SENSOROK: Temp: Inlet_A, Location: Switch1-R0, State: normal

Anyone knows what does that means and how to fix it?

Thanks and Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

this is an informational message telling you that the temperature of the sensor is in the normal range. As far as I recall, the Catalyst has a number of sensors placed close to the usually hottest (e.g. the CPU) locations.

Check if you have the command 'snmp-server enable traps envmon temperature' configured on the switch, as the default is that environemental traps are disabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Genesis Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Device:C9500-48Y4C 

Version 16.12.04

Hello,

this is an informational message telling you that the temperature of the sensor is in the normal range. As far as I recall, the Catalyst has a number of sensors placed close to the usually hottest (e.g. the CPU) locations.

Check if you have the command 'snmp-server enable traps envmon temperature' configured on the switch, as the default is that environemental traps are disabled.

Hi Georg

Got it!! 

Thank you very much~

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card