cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when trying to use the archive feature.

Pearson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I've implemented the archive feature across layer 2 and 3 devices on the network. I've been having some trouble
with the archive feature. I've been successful with all but 3 routers. I receive the following output when I issue
the (show archive) command. Some of the output has been modified in case of securtiy concerns.

SWS_WWW_RTR#show archive
The maximum archive configurations allowed is 10.
The next archive file will be named scp://backups:USERNAME PASSWORD@IPADDRESS/SWS/SME/SWS_WWW_RTR-<timestamp>-1
 Archive #  Name
   1        :Error - No space left on device <- Most Recent
   2        :Error - No space left on device
SWS_WWW_RTR#

Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You.

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It may be that the flash does not have any more space left.  Issue "sh flash" or "dir" to see if there is any space available.

HTH

Thanks for your response Reza. Below shows how much space is available on the three routers.

261201920 bytes total (87871488 bytes free)

146964480 bytes available (109543424 bytes used)

152825856 bytes available (103661568 bytes used)

Palani Mohan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there

This is one of those situations where the show run | section archive and show run | include soure would need to be looked into.

Since you are using scp, I am assuming that the archive is to a remote server? From one of the problem devices, please consider issuing copy run scp: and walk through the interactive dialog? Is scp successfully transferring the file to the server?

Kind regards ... Palani

Hello Palani,

I have looked into my show run | section archive and didn't see anything out of place. I also compared the output with other routers that aren't having this issue.

You are correct it is to a remote server. I have tried the copy run scp: before and tried again. When I go along with the interactive dialog I still receive (No space left on device) and I have tried changing the destination and still receive the same error.

Thank you for your input

Hi Pearson

There are two components in play: router and the server. We still don't know where the problem is, though the error message seem to indicate problem is with the router.

Kindly consider attempting a copy run scp: from a router where you are successfully archiving the config. Please ensure that the server-side parameters are the same as the ones you used from the router where copy run scp: is failing.

If this test is successful, next step involves enabling debug archive config along with capturing pkts using Wireshark. Debug would help to make progress if problem is with the router side and Wireshark is helpful when the problem is on the server side. While it may sound like lot more work, kindly consider enabling the debugs and capturing Wireshark from the working setup. It helps to compare/contrast contents between working/failing routers, to get an accurate assessment of the situation.

Kind regards ... Palani

Leonardo Gama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you correctly set up the SSH source interface?

It seems that the correct command is:

scp://USERNAME:PASSWORD@IPADDRESS/backups/SWS/SME/SWS_WWW_RTR-<timestamp>-1

Also be sure that the user has the write permissions on the server.

Cheers.

Hi 

Try with this config:

archive
path scp://user:password@IP Address/config-$h-$t
write-memory

I have used this config previously without inconveniences. 

Hope it is useful.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: