Views
Helpful
Replies

Error with Network Controller: Destination host unreachable

Pepemotate
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I am a student, and I am still learning about packer tracer, and in the attached file I have this problem:

I have added a Network Controller, assigned it an IP and connected it to Switch6. I have also configured the gateway of both computers and servers and the network controller.

But when I do a ping from a computer to the network controller I get the following error: "Destination host unreachable".

I do not know if it is an error of the configuration that I have commented, or by the static route of the router, that is not well connected.

I need the computers, servers and the network controller to be connected, and I can ping between them. But with the network controller, it gives me error.

Could you help me, please?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Attached file can ping from "IP-PC" to Controller. Routers must have routes. You can use static routes as this is a pretty simple topology.

So, I added a specific route on Router0 like this:

ip route 10.57.0.0 255.255.0.0 80.90.100.66

Only for network 10.57.0.0, I send to Router2.

On Router2, as it is connected to Router0 only, I added a defaul route like this:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 80.90.100.65

which means, anything else besides 10.57.0.0, you can send to Router0.

You consigured a wrong network mask on the controller. If router and vlan1 on switch user 10.50.0.0/16, the Controller also must be on the same network.  So, a change the mask for the  Controller.

Do tests and let me know.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

Attached file can ping from "IP-PC" to Controller. Routers must have routes. You can use static routes as this is a pretty simple topology.

So, I added a specific route on Router0 like this:

ip route 10.57.0.0 255.255.0.0 80.90.100.66

Only for network 10.57.0.0, I send to Router2.

On Router2, as it is connected to Router0 only, I added a defaul route like this:

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 80.90.100.65

which means, anything else besides 10.57.0.0, you can send to Router0.

You consigured a wrong network mask on the controller. If router and vlan1 on switch user 10.50.0.0/16, the Controller also must be on the same network.  So, a change the mask for the  Controller.

Do tests and let me know.

You are amazing. Solved!

One doubt, is there any option in packet tracer to ping all the computers and servers, and list them? Instead of doing it by console manually.

Best regards!

Not sure if possible. Probably not.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card