cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ether Channel Layer 3 switch

nischal
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured Layer 3 ether channel on multi layer switch .. IT was just working fine and I was able to ping the two port channel interface successfully.. But when I opened the packet tracer for the next time, all the port channels were down expect the Layer 2 port channel. Again i have to configure the port channel to make its states to up. Same problem repeats when ever i close and start the packet tracer all the ether channels (Layer 3) are down and i have to configure over and over again :.. 

NEED HELP 

7 Replies 7

Hello,

post the Packet Tracer project file (.pkt). ZIP it first, otherwise the system won't let you upload it...

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Never noticed this issue but are you using the latest version of PT (7.2)? If not then update the PT.

Don't forget to save device configuration before closing or shutdown the device with the help of "Write Memory" command and Save project also. 

Share your PT fine if there is any technical issue with your configuration.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

My packet tracer is up to date. I  will sent my packet tracer file , back to few days it was working fine. I don't know what i have configured wrong.

Thanks for your concern ! 

pakettracerfile zip

Hi,

I tested your lab but Yes, it seems there is an issue with PT file. It is not happing with my new LAB.  Give me some time I will check all options which are selected for this file. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Thank you for you conisderation . I am looking forward for your help .

Hello

Could be a setting in the PT, A bug in the software version or it just doesn't save etherchannel-config

FYI I have tested it on ver 7.2.0 0226 and it does indeed lose the PC configuration upon closing down and re-opening PT even after saving to config in the devcie and the PT file as a whole- however i hardly ever use this simulation software so not sure if it is just a setting i cannot find.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: