Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel between HP 5130 and Catalyst9300

Miguel Ortega
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community

Just a minutes ago happens to me a problem with a configuration between a HP an Catalyst9300

between both switchs there are a trunk/etherchannel that configuration was working without problems since april, also was the same used with our old Catalyst3750 replace by the 9300, but today ports send me an "err_disable message" due to a mismatch configuration error

After reset ports error was delete and everything back to normal

But is possible that happen again?  someone knows about a "bug" o problems betweens HP and Cisco?

The configuration is below  is there some issue o maybe y forgot something

HP5130

interface Bridge-Aggregation1
port link-type trunk
port trunk permit vlan 1 to 8 10
link-aggregation mode dynamic

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/48
port link-type trunk
port link-aggregation group 1

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/48
port link-type trunk
port link-aggregation group 1

Catalyst 9300

interface Port-channel25
description HACIA_SW_HP_DE_PISOS
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-8,10
switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/7
description TRK_SW_HP_PISOS
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 25 mode active

interface GigabitEthernet2/0/7
description TRK_SW_HP_PISOS
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 25 mode active

Output from show etherchannel summary, shows etherchannel working ok

25 Po25(SU) LACP Gi1/0/7(P) Gi2/0/7(P)

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

What stp modes are you running between the two switches?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Hello,

the configs look good. Do you see anything in the logs of either the Cisco, or the HP ?

i only got this

Aug 20 13:03:57.544: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: channel-misconfig error detected on Gi1/0/7, putting Gi1/0/7 in err-disable state

Hello,

I checked for bugs just in case, the two below might apply:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt59448

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvn00712

the first one could it be, 

i have  16.9.5 version , should i install a new version ?

i have checked both and according that , seems to me the solution is update switch's ios   s

because configurations on both sides are rigth

many thanks                              

Miguel,

The problem could also be on the HP side. Make sure to check the logs on that switch for anything that can help further isolate the issue before upgrading the Cisco swithe. There maybe a bug associated with this issue on HP's side.

HTH

I had  reviewed  on HP site about some similar issue, and found nothing, 

Comware switchs had not enough information about Cisco compatibility, just configurations and looks equals as mine.

We have decide to upgrade firmware on both devices first 9300s and later HP5130s

I have read the document that comes with the new software, but it is a bit long. Is there a more precise document about the installation modes : install and bundle?

I'm new to the IOS XE software, I was only used to the old IOS

Thanks in advance for any help

i am pretty sure that all upgrade process will be ok, but how about the roll back process just in case of something goes wrong
In documentation i have not seen nothing about that, or is the downgrade process that should i use ?

thanks in advance

Hello

What stp modes are you running between the two switches?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

HI

Catalyst 9300 is running pvst, Comware is using mst.., as far i know pvst is available on HP but i mst is compatible with pvst, root for all is the Catalyst

I been running same configuration with previous catalyst 3750 during 5 years without a similar problem

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card