Views
Helpful
Replies

F/R multipoint sub-interfaces ?

philth_123_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a hub & spoke configuration using 2 spokes. I'm using multipoint sub-interfaces on all routers and frame-relay map commands with the 'broadcast' keyword. My problem is that I am only achieving connectivity between the hub and one of the spokes.

'sh frame pvc' at the hub shows that DLCI 101 is using Serial 0.101 but DLCI 201 is using the physical interface Serial 0 ???

My config at the hub:

interface serial 0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

frame-relay lmi-type cisco

!

interface serial 0.101 multipoint

ip address 192.168.10.2 101 broadcast

ip ospf network broadcast

frame-relay map ip 192.168.10.2 101 broadcast

frame-relay map ip 192.168.10.3 101 broadcast

!

Can I get both my frame-relay map commands to work under a single multipoint interface ?

Regards,

Phil.

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Phil,

Can you please post your configuration, and show frame map.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

sh frame map

Serial 0.101 (up): 192.168.10.2 dlci 101, static, broadcast,

CISCO, status defined, active

Serial 0.101 (up): 192.168.10.3 dlci 101,

static, broadcast,

CISCO, status defined, active

Ohhhhhhhhhh me,

I mapped the local DLCI 101 to each spoke instead of mapping 101 to one spoke and 201 to the other spoke. Its working now.

Regards,

Phil.

Hi Phil,

No problem :), that's why show frame map is my best friend when configuring Frame-Relay.

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the show frame pvc output ?

Both Layer3 information are pointing toward one spoke (DLCI 101) and this spoke will need reachability to the other spoke for this to work.

Usually, the hub points directly to the spokes and does not traverse via another spoke to reach the 'desired' spoke *and* that's what the configuration you posted represents.

I also believe you have a typo in the ip address command there.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card