Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory reset after an unpplugged period

GGBoCa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Easy question from a newbie. Sorry ! Maybe not very interesting for you, but I didn't find the answer on the net or in the manual (even if it's written).

I'm a sound engineer, and at my work, we use to use Cisco Sx300 series switches. We managed them to principally run a sound protocol called Dante. The switches can work with Dante without managing, but it's definitely better for complex set up.

So I didn't understand directly but I just noticed recently that all our devices go back to there factory setup. Like if someone made a reset, but I'm quite sure that it's not the case. It could happen with one or two but not all of them.

So I ask my self if there is a battery inside ? And is it possible to loose them after a long period of un-using ? Because we use this switches in concert, they are in fling boxes and can be unplugged during months.

Do you that's my problem or there something else ? Something wrong in the parameter ?

Thanks a lot.

6 Replies 6

Hi,

normally switches are not resetting by himself without commanding to do by someone. someone or something need to do reset operation to do that. for ex. resetting by configuration console or by hard reset with reset button. 

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hello,

obvious question, actually, but did you save the config to memory on these switches ?

Yes I did

- Cisco devices do not factory reset themselves , for IOS based system , check config-register value and see if standard production value is set , check or google on these matters for immediate help.  For the rest , if needed , physically protect devices or make sure that no  malicious access to reset button is possible (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello
If you can establish cli connection to those switches, check the configuration register value it could be for some reason they are all set to not load the nvram config upon reload.

sh version | in reg

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks I will. But the configuration stay for several using. We use them many times without loosing the config. And we unplugged them each time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card