Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Team. I would seek your kind advise and help to resolve below issue which am facing. Am, configuring 10G SFP connection on Nexus switch (5672UP), the interface shows the status SFP validation failed and interface not getting up. I have changed S...

farispv by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Guys,I have an issue and i need your help if possible.I have 6 cisco Switches 2960 48 port and one 3750 core switch, one of the edge switches damaged i think the motherboard is corrupted.Somehow i need to replace it with SG220-50-K9-EU  .. Is t...

I am trying to setup the following.   When a company device plugs in to the network it authenticates using dot1x.   When a none company devices plugs in to the network it gets put on our guest vlan.  I almost have it except the IP address of the syst...

gcook0001 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have one N5K-5672UP and a few SVIs with IPv4/IPv6 public IPs, I want to have an ACL and apply that ACL to my UPLINKs and deny internet traffic towards SVIs, my question is when i do this then ACL is working before CoPP? my mean is how does pa...

I have two mobile server racks, each with a Cisco sg250. The switches have identical setups, with each port mapped to one of three vlans. The vlans are fully independent (I would have done three separate unmanaged switches instead if there was enough...

adamfon by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Create the following network in Packet Tracer version 8:2 - Switches(2960), connected together using Ethernet Cables via port G0/2Label as S_East and S_West4 - Computers using DHCP, 2 attached to each switchOn S_East label the Computers PC_East 1 and...

OpenDoors by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,The http server web interface header is missing information that would be nice to have.The switch was like this during first log in.I did update the IOS/Web UI to Release 15.2.7E3 but same results.Here's a screenshot.

2960-L_web_inteface_error.png
Mike- by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Two VTP Servers

Hopefully, I do not confuse anyone...We have two locations, OLD Location has a 3750 Switch as the core and is a VTP Server, this core network has a few VLANs to it.We have a new location that will eventually become the core of the entire network, thi...

rob1456657 by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a question!  I have one switch 2960 and one router. in switch, I have 3 VLANs. VLAN 2, 3, and 4.I want VLAN 2 to connect to VLAN 3 and  VLAN 4, but VLAN 3 and 4 can not connect to VLAN 2. Do I have to use the Access List? How do I write...

problem.png
Dopamine by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am studying RSTP (PVST+). I understand that the alternate port is a backup to the root port that can immediately begin forwarding if the root port has issues. If a switch has multiple alternate ports, which one is best (chosen) to be new new root p...

Somebody can help me?I'm trying to solve the problem when I must put 16 of HomeRouter in the Packet tracer, it works well when I put 5 routers [see 1st Image]But when I deploy the 6th some devices be disconnected. [see 2nd image]do you know how to so...

alkusr by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes