cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fas0 Port on a switch (where?)

parakiteiz
Level 1
Level 1

My have a stacked 3750x that has the Fas0 port configured as *.*.1.32.  Right now it shows down down when I do a sh int status. I cant ssh to it for the obvious reason?

I have not worked with these switches much but where is this physically port located? This port is the Out of band management port? The preious guy configured it with only this IP address. Something should be connected to that port for me to be able to connect to it right?

Why would it not be wiser to make a Mangement VLAN interface and connect to it that way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct.  Fa0 is the out of band management port and it is located on the back of the switch.

The purpose the port is to be connected to on out of band management systems (switch) and unless it is connected to a switch, the port is going to stay down.  If your management is in-band, (using a vlan) then you don't need to use that port.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is correct.  Fa0 is the out of band management port and it is located on the back of the switch.

The purpose the port is to be connected to on out of band management systems (switch) and unless it is connected to a switch, the port is going to stay down.  If your management is in-band, (using a vlan) then you don't need to use that port.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card