Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiber Module Question

ROBERT ISAACS
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

I am preparing to run some single mode fiber in between some of our main office buildings. I need to connect a 4507 in one building to a 4510 in the other building. And in the same two buildings I need to connect a 9134 SAN switch to another 9134 SAN switch in the other building.

My question is this. I know that for the 45XX connection I need two X2-10GB-LR fiber modules in each switch and I think that the 9134's require the X2-FC10GB-LR module for their connectivity. Is that correct? Are they two different modules?

I appreciate your time and any help very much.

Thanks,

Robert Isaacs

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good morning all,

I am preparing to run some single mode fiber in between some of our main office buildings. I need to connect a 4507 in one building to a 4510 in the other building. And in the same two buildings I need to connect a 9134 SAN switch to another 9134 SAN switch in the other building.

My question is this. I know that for the 45XX connection I need two X2-10GB-LR fiber modules in each switch and I think that the 9134's require the X2-FC10GB-LR module for their connectivity. Is that correct? Are they two different modules?

I appreciate your time and any help very much.

Thanks,

Robert Isaacs

Robert,

The Cisco 10GBASE-LR Module supports a link length of 10 kilometers on standard single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652).you can use for long distance connectivity.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2710/ps5494/product_data_sheet0900aecd802109ea.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5455/ps6574/product_data_sheet0900aecd801f92aa_ps5251_Products_Data_Sheet.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card