cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firewall rule configuration on RV220W router

62ApCO363688
Level 1
Level 1

I bought RV220W router a few days ago. I am not a computer expert, only a user with medium level computer knowledge, who hoped that he can setup also this router since he succeded to setup two different D-Link routers previously. But I failed. I cannot configure the firewall rules, I do not understand the logic of the configuration at all. I cannot setup a simple ftp port forwarding. I have the user manual, I open the help windows, but no success.

As a first step could you help me how to configure ftp port forwarding ? I have a NAS 200 network storage connected to the LAN. I wish to allow my colleagues to have access to this NAS through FTP connection (it was working like this also in the past years with a D-Link 655 router).  The router has a fix IP address (192.168.1.100) within the LAN. I am sending you 2 screenshots about my settings. I was sure that it should work with these settings, but sorry it doesn't.

Please help !!!

I have bought this router to setup a VPN connection later, but if I was apready blocked at the well-known, easy ftp port forwarding, how can I configure VPN ? Don'r you have some more detailed description (e.g. with examples) for those who are not computer experts ?

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please post in "Small Business, routers", not here.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card