Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware update on Cisco CBS350-8T-E-2G Managed Switch

PROTECHIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have Cisco CBS350-8T-E-2G Managed Switch with 3.0.0.69 firmware version and We want to update it.

Latest firmware version is 3.3.0.16. Do we need to install versions that are in between 3.0.x and 3.3.x? I mean upgrading versions one by one?

What about MIB updates? Is it necessary or does the firmware file have everything included?

We are asking about this because when we tried to update firmware to version 3.2.1.1 everthing goes fine but after reload webGUI doesn't work. This same happend when we tried install version 3.3.0.16.

The only version to which we can easily update the device is 3.1.1.7.

Any information are welcome.

Regards.

6 Replies 6

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

I’ve upgraded my CBS350-8MGP-2X switches from 3.2.0.84 to 3.3.0.16 recently. I use Chrome to managed my switches, but the upgrade did not complete successfully using that browser. I tried it twice on two different switches. I had to use Edge instead.

Kris K

PROTECHIT
Level 1
Level 1

We use a USB dongle to transfer firmware files. We also gave up Google Chrome when it comes to configuring Cisco switches.

Still fighting with firmware instalations...

Regards.

KJK99
Level 3
Level 3

Going from 3.1.1.7 to 3.2.0.84 worked for me.

Kris K

PROTECHIT
Level 1
Level 1

It seems that the problem is caused by one of our PC with Widnows 11 and browsers(Firefox, Chrome, Edge) installed on it. After of any upgrade, we can't login by WebGUI but on the other PC that we've got with Windows 11 too, everthing.... works fine.

Do the new Cisco firmwares require any special libraries like Java for browsers or something similar? Our actual Java RE verion is 8 Update 371(64 bit).

It seems that something is preventing the WebGUI from functioning properly on this one computer after the update.

PS: CBS350-8T-E-2G switch upgraded successfully from 3.0.0.69 to 3.3.0.16 version.

Regards.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not directly familiar with CBS series, but with Catalysts, release notes are provided which should list any upgrade prerequisites. I.e., if such exist, they should be studied.

That noted, usually upgrading can directly jump intervening versions.

BTW, release notes will usually describe big fixes, known bugs and supplemental information, that might be needed (e.g. I've sometimes seen prerequisites for minimal boot software needed for later IOS versions.)

Lastly, do you have Cisco SBS support?

PROTECHIT
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You Joseph for Your answer.

Release notes were available for the CBS350-8T-E-2G switch. After reviewing them, the updates in our case should proceed correctly. In the end, that's what happened.

Support, that we have purchased from Cisco, is called "Cisco SmartNet Total Care".

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card