Views
Helpful
Replies

Generic Attribute Registration Protocol configuration

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Has anyone ever configured Generic Attribute Registration Protocol on the Cisco platform? Not to be confues with Gratuitous ARP protocol. We use VTP pretty heavily in our environment as I am sure most Cisco shops do to interconnect our core switches with our edge. Management here had a conversation with Dell and were told that we can use Generic Attribute Registration Protocol VLAN registration to replace our Cisco cores with a Dell switch and keep the same VTP functionality between the core and edge. So far I have found very little in regards to Generic Attribute Registration Protocol configuration at least in the community. I am trying to see how do able this is between the different manufacturers and verify that is even an option on the 2600 series platform. Dell is sending us a test unit to play with but would like to know more about Generic Attribute Registration Protocol since I have never heard of it much less ever used it.

Brent

1 Reply 1

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

Upon further looking around seems this may actually be called GVRP. More to follow ..

Brent

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card