cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GET VPN

lamav
Level 8
Level 8

Group Encryption Transport VPN is the full name for those who aren;t familiar with it...

I am at a client site -- a high-end financial firm -- that wants to deploy a GET VPN solution as an overlay to an MPLS topology.

Anyway, I am actually looking to get some feedback from people who are familiar with it. At the very least, I would like to get some insight from someone who knows about the qualitative differences between GET VPN and DMVPN and can speak a bit about the optimal deployment scenario(s).

Since this is a relatively new technology, perhaps some of the Cisco CCIEs on here can offer some information. Any input will be appreciated, as usual.

Thank you

Victor

1 Reply 1

jcoke
Level 3
Level 3

In a nutshell, GET provides a scalable tunnel-less transport for unicast/multicast traffic. I highly recommend you review all the Cisco docs on the subject and there are quite a few.

Cisco did a GET presentation at the DFW Users group a while back, including a dynagen/dynamips mockup of a small GET topology. You can get the presentation, topology and router configs from:

http://dfw.cisco-users.org/zips/070606_Group_Encrypted_Transport_VPN.zip

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card