Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In an IOS switch when the violation mode set for a port via port security is set to shutdown is there anyway to set a time of 5 minutes for which it is shutdown and tehn automatically reenabled?I dont see this as an option in teh manual but I remembe...

Hi,It is a campus area network.1. I have deployed L3 core switch (Cisco 5000 series)2. The L3 core switch is populated with MM fiber module 2 Nos.3. I have many access layer switches,all cisco only,all the switches are equiped with 2 MM fiber module....

Lavanholy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have something like this:Router||L3-Switch||L2-SwitchI came up with following two ways to configure router and switches to achieve InterVLAN routing. Please tell me which way is better and why? Please also let me know if you know better way.Thank ...

This sounds as if it should be simple, but it is giving me problems.I have a 4506 switch with a number of VLANs. I have used access lists to implement a sort of reverse-path check on some VLANs, so that if the switch sees packet sourced from an IP a...

Hi all.I've introduced dynamic arp inspection in accordance with arp access-list (s) and experienced the following trouble:The inspection sometimes (three times a week) fails. Well formed arp responses are denied. The workaround is to load the same a...

t.fiala by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi evybdy,I hav small confusion regarding subnetmask usage to allow access to particular range and to other range no access.Below here is an example...Iam confused that control device with a mask of 255.255.248.0,IP address range 10.5.0.1 to 10.5.3.2...

Hi expertsI've got a scenario where I need to block some hosts using their mac address from accessing internet on port 80. How can I do that? currently I can only create a MAC address based ACL or IP based ACL, not something with bothI need to do thi...

jliow by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Have decided I need to buy some real switches for BCMSN study. As I don't work on Cisco everyday, I am a bit unsure on what to buy, and I don't want to waste money. According to the cisco website for suggested lab setups they recommend 2950 and ...

I have three serving of on data base to Core. I have that to present redundancy solutions, for case Core stops they do not lose the communication between them. They can help me with suggestions for this solution? grateful,Jo?o Vitor