Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GNS3 - No Port-channel on ASA

My GNS3 is configured so that I have VMware Workstation Pro on my laptop, which hosts my GNS3.
From GitHub I downloaded one of the newer (of the softwares available there and it works, but there is no way to configure a port-channel on it. Currently my ASA version is: Cisco ASAv 9.8.1.
Today from the manufacturer's website I downloaded two versions:
- asav9-15-1-1.qcow2
- asav9-15-1-1.qcow2
The problem appears that after adding the template ASA restarts and on the second boot it stops at “Booting Kernel...”. (or something similar).
Do you have a way to solve this? Or what version of the port-channels are in?
I need them because, I need to practice configuring them on Firepower 1120 (with software ASA).

Additional question: is it possible to fire up the ASA via telnet and not vnc? When I changed the template in the configuration it did not work. The ways with commnuity didn't work for me either.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sure you can but you need cloud NAT to connect ASA to internet and access ASA via putty install in PC 
I have bad experience with it so I use device, because to config cloud NAT you need tp play with vmware

MHM

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Asa in gns3 abd in eve-ng have same issue no PO in asa image 

For telnet' yoh can use telnet' 

Config username/password in asa 

Config aaa for telnet

Config interface for telnet

Then connect any router to interface you config it for telnet and try access ASA I try before many times it work.

MHM

Ok, you mean just connect from another device over ssh/telnet so that you can copy or paste configurations? I thought about that too, but thought there was a more elegant way to do it

Ok, you mean just connect from another device over ssh/telnet so that you can copy or paste configurations? YES 

You are studying so know how config telent and use ACL to filter who can access to asa and use aaa authc will good topic to learn even if you use other device.

There is no difference between using putty or other device for telent.

MHM

Not quite
I thought you were proposing that I could simply connect the station to the ASA and from there connect remotely to the ASA and manage after CLI. English is not my native language, so I probably messed something up.
My question was about the ASA having such a CLI (something similar to putty from GNS3) instead of VNC.
But I think I already understand what you meant. I just need to plug anything into the interface where telnet will connect. Then not from the CLI of GNS3 will I connect, but from Putty, which I have on my computer locally?

sure you can but you need cloud NAT to connect ASA to internet and access ASA via putty install in PC 
I have bad experience with it so I use device, because to config cloud NAT you need tp play with vmware

MHM

I agree, I don't like to operate through NAT either, I also had a bad experience. I accept this as a solution because the link you sent before editing is exactly what I meant. It works great! When I was looking for a solution to this problem I didn't come across this. This was what I needed for a long time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card