Views
Helpful
Replies

Gratuitous ARP packet from 0.0.0.0 made IP Conflict

Mohamed.Maslouh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Windows servers that fall with an IP conflict on every reboot.

When I checked the Windows server event log, I found a Cisco device with the MAC address "88-90-8D-18-4B-0C" as the source of the conflict.

"The system detected an address
conflict for IP address 0.0.0.0 with the system having network hardware address
88-90-8D-18-4B-0C. Network operations on this system may be disrupted as a
result."

I checked my network to find if there is a Cisco device with this mac address, but nothing was found.

I suspect on the hosting side or the ISP side, because we are using a LAN to LAN link through a local ISP.

Is there a way to find the Cisco device model using the mac address ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello
If you cannot find the cisco device to turn of GARP (gratuitous arp)  try turning it off on the window servers and test again.- here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

antonioxud80
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

try this

show ip arp x.x.x

sh mac address-table interface ...

also show cdp neighbor can help

Hello
If you cannot find the cisco device to turn of GARP (gratuitous arp)  try turning it off on the window servers and test again.- here

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card