Level 1
Level 1
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Muhammad,

I apologize but your pasted outputs are practically unreadable. Would you be so kind to paste them again while making sure they are formatted properly?

Let me also ask you: You say that your tunnels are up. How do you know, and how can you prove that? Can you ping the other tunnel addresses from this router? For EIGRP to come up, we need to make sure that the unicast connectivity inside the tunnels is already working.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

View solution in original post

I certainly agree with Peter that the posted config is essentially unreadable. It would be helpful to have a config that we can read and understand. I do see that after the config is some debug output - which is also very difficult to read. I do see numerous messages that EIGRP hello are being sent

*Mar 27 04:32:27.863: EIGRP: Sending HELLO on Tunnel2 *Mar 27 04:32:27.863: AS 100, Flags 0x0, Seq 0/0 idbQ 0/0 iidbQ un/rely 0/0

but no messages about receiving any hello messages. So we might want to see what is going on at the remote end of the tunnel.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dears
i am sorry for the paste, actually i selected HTML and it was showing correct, but while posted it came in unreadable format.
anyways i figured out the issue which is from remote end. thought to get some info in parallel while doing troubleshooting.

thnks once again

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Muhammad,

I apologize but your pasted outputs are practically unreadable. Would you be so kind to paste them again while making sure they are formatted properly?

Let me also ask you: You say that your tunnels are up. How do you know, and how can you prove that? Can you ping the other tunnel addresses from this router? For EIGRP to come up, we need to make sure that the unicast connectivity inside the tunnels is already working.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

I certainly agree with Peter that the posted config is essentially unreadable. It would be helpful to have a config that we can read and understand. I do see that after the config is some debug output - which is also very difficult to read. I do see numerous messages that EIGRP hello are being sent

*Mar 27 04:32:27.863: EIGRP: Sending HELLO on Tunnel2 *Mar 27 04:32:27.863: AS 100, Flags 0x0, Seq 0/0 idbQ 0/0 iidbQ un/rely 0/0

but no messages about receiving any hello messages. So we might want to see what is going on at the remote end of the tunnel.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dears
i am sorry for the paste, actually i selected HTML and it was showing correct, but while posted it came in unreadable format.
anyways i figured out the issue which is from remote end. thought to get some info in parallel while doing troubleshooting.

thnks once again

Thanks for posting back to the forum to let us know that you have solved the problem and that it was an issue on the other end. These forums are excellent places to ask questions and to get suggestions about solutions. I hope to see you continue to be active in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card