Views
Helpful
Replies

H stack C1000 Problem

c-deboni
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I’m a computer scientist, and I changed all my company’s hardware several months ago. That’s 20 Catalyst C1000 switches.

For two days now I see that my heart of the network 3 Switch Catalyst C1000 in H-stack falls at 6H interval.

I set up the "storm control" technology on all the copper ports of my switches as well as on the core of the network, but nevertheless it falls and I am forced to restart it manually.

This is not a broadcast storm problem I have done several tests with wireshark the rest of my network equipment is reachable and fluid.

The H stack of 3 C1000 switches bug on the first or second switch the lights remain in fixed green, the ip address of the h stack is no longer pingable sometimes the equipment of the stack are no longer reachable.

Sometimes the equipment is reachable, but impossible to ping the hearts of the network.

The problem does not always occur on the same stack switch.

Does anyone have a test idea affected?

cordially

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...For two days now I see that my heart of the network 3 Switch Catalyst C1000 in H-stack falls at 6H interval.
    - Configure a syslog server on the stack and the same syslog server on all your leaf switches too, then follow up on logs send to it to determine a problem pattern and or reviewing those logs when an incident happens.
  - Also check the software version used on the C1000 and upgrade  to the latest advisory version for the platform (if applicable)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

c-deboni
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a syslog server on a pc but I have nothing on the graphical interface of the C1000 switch that allows me to send the data.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card