cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having a hard time with the Cisco Packet Tracer software

Adalani
Level 1
Level 1

So, just like it says in the title, I'm having a hard time with the software.

I have a lab to do for college using this software and I'm stuck at the step where it tells me to "configure static NAT on Router1 to give server a Public IP".  Basically, I have to somehow route everything so that I can access the IP 23.23.23.1 from any Web Browser in the diagram but I have no idea why it isn't working.  Everything was working fine up until now.

Could I ask you guys for help?

17 Replies 17

Hi,

It is happening due to wrong routing configuration on routers Router3, Router4, Router6, and Router 7. You have added a default route on both interfaces which are making a routing loop.

Assign a specific static router same as router 0 or Router 2 or use any dynamic routing protocol like RIP or EIGRP. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

My apologies. I really am a beginner with this software.  I'd need a step-by-step walkthrough on what to do to fix my issue.

I can send a PDU through Router 0, but if it tries to come back through Router 0, there's an error.  If it goes all the way to Router 2 and then tries to go to Router 7, it gets stuck at Router 7.

Just an update, I added the line of code to Router 1 and it seems to be working if I send a PDU from the Server to Router 7.  However, if I try to go to Desktop > Web Browser from the server and enter "23.23.23.1", it says "server reset connection".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card