Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP:The conversion from catos to ios for C6500

fredpl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I try to upgrade the c6509 from catos to ios ,the swicth has crashed nwo getin into rommon,and i try to set boot configuration but the startup is stopped in follow situation:

c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted

Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph

(c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer

Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

cisco Systems, Inc.

170 West Tasman Drive

San Jose, California 95134-1706

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) c6sup1_sp Software (c6sup1_sp-SPV-M), Version 12.1(13)E14, EARLY DEPLOY

MENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Tue 30-Mar-04 03:05 by pwade

Image text-base: 0x60020BD8, data-base: 0x607C2000

00:00:02: %PFREDUN-6-ACTIVE: Initializing as ACTIVE processor

00:00:03: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor

5 Replies 5

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

First question when you are trying to boot are you in the SP Rommon or the RP Rommon?

From what it looks like you are having a problem with a corrupted image in the RP that is your MSFC image. Try to get into the RP Rommon by doing a switch console and then the only way to recover is to use XModem. Trick here is to load a basic boot image so your transfer is faster.

Did you follow the Cisco document when converting if so which step did you face the problem. If you have any captures do attach it here. Can help you if you provide more logs.

Cheers

Hoogen

HI,First of all thank you for your help!

1.First question when you are trying to boot are you in the SP Rommon or the RP Rommon? --How can i check which Rommon mode am i in?

2.From what it looks like you are having a problem with a corrupted image in the RP that is your MSFC image. Try to get into the RP Rommon by doing a switch console and then the only way to recover is to use XModem. Trick here is to load a basic boot image so your transfer is faster. ---I tried to upload the image use XModem,but another problem was appeared,see the captures:

rommon 8 > xmodem -s 38400

Do you wish to continue? (y/n) [n]: y

Console port and Modem must operate at same baud rate.

Use console & modem at 38400 bps for download ? (y/n) [n]: y

Ready to receive file ...Will wait for a minute

Reset your terminal to 9600 baud.

[Note: you may see garbage characters till you do so

Baud rate is correctly set now. Enter y to continue (y/n) [n]: y

Download Complete!

loadprog: error - too many ELF program segments

3.Did you follow the Cisco document when converting if so which step did you face the problem. If you have any captures do attach it here. Can help you if you provide more logs. ---I am not follow the Cisco document when i do this,I just copy the ios image into the BOOTFLASH set the boot option and restart the switch.when the XModem fail,i change another ios image and copy it into a flash card,i want to boot switch use flash card ,but another question was happened.Following is the log information:

System Bootstrap, Version 5.3(1)

Copyright (c) 1994-1999 by cisco Systems, Inc.

c6k_sup1 processor with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

Autoboot executing command: "boot slot0:c6sup11-js-mz.121-27b.E1.bin"

Self decompressing the image : ########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Restricted Rights Legend

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is

subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph

(c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted

Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph

(c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer

Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

cisco Systems, Inc.

170 West Tasman Drive

San Jose, California 95134-1706

Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software

IOS (tm) c6sup1_sp Software (c6sup1_sp-SP-M), Version 12.1(27b)E1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport

Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Thu 12-Oct-06 14:40 by hqluong

Image text-base: 0x60020F90, data-base: 0x60846000

00:00:02: %PFREDUN-6-ACTIVE: Initializing as ACTIVE processor

00:00:03: %OIR-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to route processor

00:03:04: %SYS-SP-3-LOGGER_FLUSHED: System was paused for 00:00:00 to ensure console debugging output.

00:03:04: %OIR-SP-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to switch processor

*** System received a Software forced crash ***

signal= 0x17, code= 0x24, context= 0x6199f9a4

PC = 0x6012fe38, Cause = 0x1820, Status Reg = 0x34018002

rommon 1 >

The hardware information:WS-X6K-SUP1A-2GE

hardiklodhia
Level 1
Level 1

HI,thank you for your help!

I have already read this documets but i don's know how can i do now?

Could you give me any advice?

thanks again

Post a "show mod" here so we can see what hardware you have in the box .... do you have a msfc1 or msfc2 . What image did you try to load ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card