Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All:I believe this is a very basic question so this is why I chose to post it in this forum.Have a DMZ configured 209.178.228.128/25. I just noticed while looking through firewall logs that each machine in the DMZ is ocassionally sending a boad...

dj214 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 3750s - 24 ports 10/100/1000 that came with a 110V power supply unit. The outlet supporting power on these switches is on unprotected power (non-UPS). One option available is to connect the switches to a 208V outlet which is on the Data Cent...

diazed by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have encountered a situation with an installation where a client is using WCCP on a C3640 router to redirect and load balance web requestes to a Squid server farm. The client replaced their PIX 515 firewall with a Juniper SSG550(running ScreenOS 5...

Hi: I try to upgrade the c6509 from catos to ios ,the swicth has crashed nwo getin into rommon,and i try to set boot configuration but the startup is stopped in follow situation:c) of the Commercial Computer Software - RestrictedRights clause at FAR ...

fredpl by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to configure the privilege levels for a bunch of commands to users.So how does this work..If I create 10 commands on Privilege 2 and 10 commands on privilege 2 and 10 commands on privilege 3 and assign them to the various users, what w...

Hi all, if I have a wlan and I want to have different vlans within this, Do I just create vlans on my switches, and then does the wlan controller have ports I can plug into each of these vlans ? and If I wanted to route between them, would I just ena...

Hi there! I hope this all finds you in the very best of health and faith. I have a question regarding the 10Base-T Hubs which I hope someone will be able to help me with. The question is as follows:Assuming I have a 10Base-T Hub network with say, 4 P...

Hi allCan someone please tell me and confirm what cabling methods are used between certain devices regarding how the CCNA exam ask you, i.e switch to switch you would use a crossover. What are all the different setups?, switch-router, router-PC, swit...

I have a Cisco 3560 layer 3 Switch which is connected to multiple managed and unmanaged non-Cisco Switches.I want to implement VLAN and do the VLAN routing on 3560 Switch.Since these manageable and unmanageable switches are not under our control for ...

rohit_s by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, If I have 300 users on my lan, all in the same office, what is the best way to ip address and allocate switches to them, I was thinking of 2 class c addresses, and 2 vlans. then I would have 2 distribtion switches, 1 root for 1 vlan, and 1 ro...