cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with VLAN on packet tracer

card51short
Beginner
Beginner

Guys I have an assignment in one of my routing/switching classes and I just cant' figure it out. I've literally redone this 4 times and I can't figure it out.  I'm following all the instructions I can find to a T.  What am I doing wrong ?

I can ping PC2 and PC3 from the router and from each other but I can't ping PC1.  I have no idea why.  Is the default gateway for the switches wrong?  I don't get it.

I have attached a file with the assignment.   Please someone give me an idea of why I can't ping PC1.  (in this version, I haven't done the serial links yet - I know how to get that working - what I cant' figure out is pinging PC1!)

I'm sure you'll want some information from my routers and switches - just let me know what exactly you need!  Thanks

Thanks!!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The issue you are experiencing is related to the native VLAN.

On interface FastEthernet0/24, add the following command;

#switchport trunk native vlan 70

The reason it is not working is because the switch's trunk port on FasEthernet0/24 is sending the PC1 traffic with a dot1q tag. The router receives the frame, but drops it because it expect VLAN 70 to be native (untagged), because you have configured the router's VLAN70 interface to be the native vlan.

Just tested this is packet tracer, can reproduced the issue and adding the native vlan to the trunk worked.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

On R1, you need the advertise the connected networks through EIGRP and you need to do the same on R3. Once the networks are advertised, each router will know how to get to each network.

To advertise the PC1 network, you can configure R1 in EIGRP configuration mode with the following command. #network 172.16.8.1 0.0.0.255

On R3, you can advertise the server network in EIGRP configuration mode with the following command. #network 172.16.9.129 0.0.0.0.63

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

card51short
Beginner
Beginner

Here are my running configs :

R1:

Current configuration : 1041 bytes

!

version 12.4

no service timestamps log datetime msec

no service timestamps debug datetime msec