cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Latency and Patket drop towards Access Switches.

sunilraj007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My network Infrastructure consists of 2 core switches(cisco 3950, 24 port) and 3 access switches (cisco 2960G, 48port). No distribution layer.Both Core switches are connected to the BVI of a VPN router.PVST is running in all switches. The STP results are all good. We have 3 VLAN's in the LAN an IP routing is enables in the core switch. The network diagram is attached.

The issue we are facing is that , we get intermittent packet drops while pinging towords the access switches, and there is always a higher latency towords these assess switches.These issues are present even with no other users using the LAN. But these issues are not present while pinging towards the GW.

I guess, it is because of this, we have issues the accessing file server in the LAN. How do we go ahead with the troubleshooting. Will upgrading the IOS help resolve this.The present version details is..

WS-C2960G-48TC-L   12.2(44)SE6           C2960-LANBASEK9-M

Thanks in advance for the help.

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Can u check on the uplink ports for any errors like CRC,FCS etc.

Thanks

in the trunk linkm, for a million packet input 6 crc errors ....440 output drops  are shown...but these are full duplex 1000 mbps links....

TjWaarsenburg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Do you still have this problem of is it solved?

i have the same kind of issue, so any help or information is welcome!

Tom

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card