Helpful
Replies

How can i i allow VLAN 10 to communicate with server but not VLAN 20

darrenfoo891
Level 1
Level 1
Spoiler
darrenfoo891_0-1710312779395.png

I'm trying to allow VLAN 10 which includes pcs',  EMP 1 AND EMP 2 to pass through the router to the EMP server.

I also want to restrict traffic from VLAN 20, which includes PAT 1 and PAT 2 from accessing the server.

I created VLAN 10 & 20 to segment the network. I also created sub-interfaces in router 3 to allow different VLANs to communicate with each other.

This is for my assignment. Thanks for the help 

2 Replies 2

Hello
Can you elaborate on your design please-  you show two rtrs(one of which you say is performing the routing) so whats the other rtr doing?

Maybe share your PT file?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

HI Paul, yes router 3 performing the routing that would allow different vlans to communicate. Router 4 is where ACL is applied to control traffic from the vlans  accessing the server

This little design is to see how Employees and Patients of a clinic can communicate and how employees (vlan 10) only should be able to communicate with the server. However, this is not the complete design. I just wanted to test something out. 

your help is greatly appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card