Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I access devices on router plugged into switch

I have a Cisco catalyst 2960 switch si Poe-8. I’m new at this and have a question.  My switch is set up with up vlan IP address 192.168.0.1. I have a WiFi router plugged into the switch the router uses 192.169.1.1.  If I plug a ip camera into the router I am unable to access it from computer connected to the switch. Only from the WiFi network. How to I set the switch up so I can access devices on my router different vlan. 

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We need to know a bit more about your environment before we can offer really good advice. You describe a switch with a vlan and an IP address on that vlan. Then you describe a wifi router using an address in a different subnet. You do not tell us whether that wifi router is in the same vlan or is in a different vlan.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have a Cisco switch that I set up for home use to run security cameras. I have multiply wired security cameras plugged into the switch.  I have 1 WiFi security camera connected to my WiFi router  When I configured the switch I set up one vlan1 192.168.0.1.  I have a WiFi router plugged into the switch, the IP address for the router is 192.168.1.1.  If I’m on my pc plugged into the switch I am unable to access a camera or service plugged into my WiFi router such as a camera at 192.168.1.68.  But if I plug pc into WiFi router I can access all my cameras from switch and router.  How can I set the switch to be able to access the camera on the WiFi router.  

I still am not clear about your environment. As a next step perhaps you can post the current running config from the switch. And tell us which port on the switch the router is connected to.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: